This position is typically the first person to greet church visitors and is responsible to present a positive image to those contacting the church by telephone or in person. This position will provide clerical support to the ministerial staff as well as performing the normal clerical/receptionist responsibilities.
- Serve as Receptionist for incoming calls and visitors.
- Electronic Communications
- Website: updating as necessary
- Update Ignite (electronic sign) as necessary
- Perform general clerical duties including maintaining office supplies, files, and records.
- Prepare new member packets or enlist volunteers to prepare packets.
- Create and print all church publications and communication materials, including: bulletins, newsletter, signs, flyers, etc. assuring accuracy and uniformity
- Organize the reception, sorting, and sending of mail.
- Act as bulk mail agent for church by preparing all bulk mailings and acting as liaison with post office
- Prepare baptism certificates.
- Prepare and print a prayer list two times each week.
- Order literature and office supplies.
- Prepare Calendars for staff meetings and church council
- Maintain a current calendar for building use. Take requests for use of facilities and serve as liaison between various groups and the Building and Grounds Committee.
- Public relations facilitator of upcoming events, announcements, media releases, advertising, etc.
- Send notices of meeting dates and times to church officers and committees as required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all church items and church members.
- Support ministerial staff and church ministry leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ministerial staff.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant supports, takes direction from and has frequent interaction with the ministerial staff.
- Previous clerical and receptionist experience preferred
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and various other software programs
- Accurate typing skills, 55+wpm
Other Skills and Personality Traits:
- Excellent skills in the following areas:
- Ability to present a positive image to those contacting the church. This includes the ability to be upbeat, positive, friendly, enthusiastic, and approachable.
- Interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills including computer software programs
- Ability to organization and prioritize
- Communication skills
HOURS: 20 to 30 hours per week
All resumes should be sent to email@example.com